All clients/patients scheduled with us are welcome to come into our lobby to check-in. If you prefer, you are still welcome to call from your vehicle to check in. We are happy to accomodate Curbside Services to clients who would prefer to wait in their vehicle.
Following CDC Guidelines, fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering, however, it is recommended for unvaccinated individuals to wear a face covering when inside our facility.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you for trusting us with your pet's care.
Southside Animal Hospital's office is open to in-person appointments on a restricted basis. For clients who have safety concerns about entering the building, we still have curbside service available. Only one healthy person may enter the building for your pet's appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and call the clinic at 907-345-1905. A staff member will come get you when the doctor is ready to see you. FACE COVERINGS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE OFFICE AND WHEN INTERACTING WITH STAFF MEMBERS.
Prior to your appointment, you will need to carefully read the following revised COVID-19 screening questions. You will be required to sign a form stating you have read and understand the questions. Your responses to the questions will be reviewed by the doctor and kept confidential. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you will not be allowed in the building, and the doctor will provide guidance regarding any adjustments to your scheduled appointment.
REVISED COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS:
1. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- New cough or shortness of breath
- Muscle pains
- Loss of taste or smell
- Runny nose or congestion
- Sore throat
- Headaches or Fatigue
- Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhea
2. Do any members of your household have any of the above symptoms?
3. Have you been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
4. Have you traveled outside of Alaska within the past 14 days?
Please know our concern is for your family as well as our own. Help us keep our community safe during these uncertain times. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you for trusting us with your pet's care.
Effective Monday, August 3, 2020, Southside Animal Hospital will be opening our office to in-person appointments on a restricted basis. For clients who have safety concerns about entering the building, we still have curbside service available. Only one healthy person may enter the building for your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and call the clinic. A staff member will come get you when the doctor is ready to see you. FACE COVERINGS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE OFFICE AND WHEN INTERACTING WITH STAFF MEMBERS.
Prior to your appointment, you will need to carefully read the following COVID-19 screening questions. You will be required to sign a form stating you have read and understand the questions. Your responses to the questions will be reviewed by the doctor and kept confidential. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you will not be allowed in the building, and the doctor will provide guidance regarding any adjustments to your scheduled appointment.
COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community, and we want to assure you Southside Animal Hospital is operational and will continue to provide care for your pet at this time. We also want to work with you and our staff to follow social distancing guidelines in order to focus on safety for everyone during this COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, Southside Animal Hospital has chosen to enact safety measures to reflect State and Federal guidelines to promote social distancing. While the health of your pet is paramount, we feel it necessary in these uncertain times to enact precautions to prevent the spread of coronavirus within our community. We have elected to temporarily cease routine and non-essential services for our clients. Southside Animal Hospital remains operational for sick patients and emergencies. If you feel your pet needs to be seen by the doctor, please call the clinic.
In response to social distancing guidelines, we have temporarily closed our lobby. If you have an appointment or are picking up medication or food, please remain in your vehicle upon arrival at the clinic. Once you arrive, call the office at 345-1905 and a staff member will provide you with further instructions. We highly encourage you to call the office and prepay for any medication or food. You may also request an appointment or a prescription refill by calling the office or by logging on to your Petly account.
We obviously do not know how long these guidelines will remain in effect, but our hopes are that this will only be a temporary measure. Please know our concern is for your family as well as our own. Help us keep our community safe during these uncertain times. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions you may have.
* We anticipate our phone lines will be busier than usual and, therefore, appreciate your understanding and patience.
There is little doubt Coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating challenges for all of us, both personally and professionally. We are writing to inform you of our recommendations, as well as the steps Southside Animal Hospital is taking in order to continue offering the care your pets need while providing you and our employees a safe environment.
We continuously keep our hospital clean and disinfected, and we have increased both the frequency and scope of these cleanings in accordance with CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommendations. Handwashing hygiene is critically important in a hospital, a step we continue to emphasize to staff and clients. As always, we provide hand cleaning options for clients and employees.
If your pet is sick or scheduled for routine care, we are open and fully operational. We recommend you follow these simple steps:
- While in the waiting area, maintain distance between you and other clients and pets. After checking in, you are welcome to wait in your car and a staff member will come get you when the doctor is ready to see you.
- To minimize infection, have only one person come for your appointment.
- If you need to pick up food or medication for your pet, please call the clinic upon arrival, and we will bring your invoice out to your car, process your payment and bring your food or medication out to you. We encourage you to call and prepay for your pickup items.
- Use a hand sanitizer or the client restroom to wash your hands.
In order to help us continue to serve pets in need, we ask clients who have recently traveled to a high-risk country, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive cases, or confirmed positive themselves NOT bring their pets in the hospital unless they are having a medical emergency.
If your pet is due for routine care (any non-urgent appointment), please call us to discuss rescheduling to a later time. If it is determined that your appointment cannot be rescheduled for medical reasons, and your appointment is necessary, we ask that you have a healthy family member or friend bring your pet to the visit. We also ask only one person come with the pet to help minimize infection.
We know our clients consider their pets members of the family and, as such, are concerned about the health of ALL family members. When it comes to the health of your pet, your veterinarian is your best resource! Here is what you should know about COVID-19 and pets:
Can dogs or cats get COVID-19?
Based on what we know currently, there is limited evidence to support risk of COVID-19 to your pet and no evidence that you are at risk from your pet.
What if my pet is not feeling well or is showing signs of flu-like illness?
If your pet shows any signs of illness, such as coughing, sneezing or lethargy, call us immediately, and keep them indoors to prevent further spread. Signs of illness in dogs and cats are usually associated with various common viral and bacterial infections (kennel cough, canine flu, etc.) that are neither coronaviruses nor transmissible to people.
Where can I get more information on COVID-19?
You can get the latest information from reputable sources such as:
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html (About Coronavirus Disease 2019)
- https://wsava.org/news/highlighted-news/the-new-coronavirus-and-companion-animals-advice-for-wsava-members/ (Coronavirus & Companion Animals Advice)
- https://www.oie.int/scientific-expertise/specific-information-and-recommendations/questions-and-answers-on-2019novel-coronavirus/ (Questions and Answers on the 2019 Coronavirus Disease)
Please rest assured Southside Animal Hospital is monitoring the situation closely and we will continue to consult and seek input from internal and external experts to provide the best guidance and advice for you, our valued clients. Do not hesitate to contact us at 345-1905 if you have questions or concerns.